Forget the Stress!
Stress can affect the body’s motor, neurologic & circulatory systems. Perhaps the most immediate relief a Good Health Sauna can offer is simple stress relief. Just a few minutes in the warmth promotes relaxation, soothing nerves & knotted muscles, helping you to feel rejuvenated and restored in both body and mind.
Excerpted from: Sick and Tired? Reclaim Your Inner Terrain by Robert O. Young, PhD.DSc.1999:
Because of the level of pollution we are exposed to and its many sources, as well as poor dietary and exercise habits, the therapeutic value of regular sweating has become immense. It has benefits for both body and mind and, in fact, is the primary benefit of exercise. One of the best passive exercises is the radiant heat of an infrared sauna which causes a profound deep sweat. After about 30 minutes of exposure, the blood vessels of the skin dilate to allow more blood to flow to the surface to support the cooling process. The millions of sweat glands covering the body are infused with fluid from the blood. In turn, they empty to the skin’s surface, thereby flushing large amounts of toxins, including toxic acids and heavy metals, from the body.
My research over the last two years shows that a radiant heat (infrared) sauna provides the following benefits:
• Speeds up metabolic processes of vital organs and glands, including endocrine glands.
• Inhibits the development of pleomorphic microforms and creates a “fever reaction” of rising temperature that neutralizes them.
• Increases the number of leukocytes in the blood.
• Places demand on the heart to work harder thus, exercising it and also producing a drop in diastolic blood pressure (the low side).
• Stimulates dilation of peripheral blood vessels thus, relieving pain (including muscle pain) and speeding the healing of sprain, strain, bursitus, arthritis, and peripheral vascular disease symptoms.
• Promotes relaxation thereby creating a feeling of well-being.
For those who are unable to exercise sufficiently, for whatever reason, the radiant heat infrared sauna is an excellent way to get the benefits of exercise without undue stress on the skeleton, muscles, and associated tissues. Such people have an even greater need for exercise and the sauna fills the bill.