How Infrared Saunas Can Help Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis
Infrared saunas can be beneficial to people with rheumatoid arthritis due to their ability to improve blood flow and circulation, reduce inflammation, and relieve pain. GHS infrared saunas feature 360-degree infrared heaters to penetrate deep beneath the skin to reach tissues and help reduce stiffness and increase mobility in the joints. Some studies have shown that infrared sauna therapy can reduce the severity of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and improve quality of life. It’s important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any new treatment, including infrared sauna therapy.
Infrared heat can help with:
- …and other symptoms related to rheumatoid arthritis
Factors that may contribute to RA
RA increases the risk of
Heart attack increase
Using Infrared Sauna for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Our infrared sauna technology is great for the relaxation of your entire body. Your blood vessels dilate due to the heat and the circulation of oxygen-rich blood increases throughout the body. This is a therapeutic process for the body helping to:
- Decreases muscle spasms
- Minimizes pain and stiffness
- Increases the range of motion in joints
- Enhances quality of life
A study in 2008 observed the effects of infrared sauna technology on patients with rheumatoid arthritis for 4 weeks. Pain, stiffness, and fatigue decreased in patients who utilized the technology. According to the researchers, no adverse effects were found, and there was no exacerbation of the disease. Using a sauna will not make the disease worse. Improvements were significant. Comfort levels increased during and after treatment. This is evidence to support infrared treatment having short-term benefits and clinically relevant effects for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Another feature of our saunas to help calm the pain of rheumatoid arthritis is our chromotherapy lighting options. Chromotherapy lighting has been shown to help enhance the tone and mood of an individual based on color, so setting a deep purple or cool blue light during your sauna session may improve your relaxation and overall mood. We want you to have a safe and relaxing experience that benefits your whole body.
Decrease Pain and Stiffness with Infrared Technology
From scientific evidence, doctor research, and case studies, our advanced infrared technology should be considered when trying to improve the symptoms of people who suffer from arthritis. Our technology is top-of-the-line and will help you relax, especially from an autoimmune disease that is degenerative and debilitating. Try our saunas today to begin your whole body healing journey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is infrared sauna therapy good for rheumatoid arthritis?
Is infrared sauna good for joint pain?
How do saunas help arthritis in joints?
- Oosterveld, F. G. J., Rasker, J. J., Floors, M., Landkroon, R., van Rennes, B., Zwijnenberg, J., van de Laar, M. A. F. J., & Koel, G. J. (2008). Infrared sauna in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Clinical Rheumatology, 28(1), 29–34. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10067-008-0977-y
- Elton, K. (2017, March 30). Sauna Love. RheumatoidArthritis.net. https://rheumatoidarthritis.net/living/sauna-love
- Health Benefits of Using Infrared Sauna: Arthritis Relief. (n.d.). Www.jnhlifestyles.com. Retrieved December 12, 2022, from https://www.jnhlifestyles.com/health-benefits-of-using-infrared-sauna-arthritis-relief/
- Infrared Sauna For Rheumatoid Arthritis – The Science of Saunas. (2020, May 14). Saunas.org. https://saunas.org/infrared-sauna-for-rheumatoid-arthritis/