What are the benefits of using tempered glass for your sauna?
Are you wondering what type of glass you should use for the windows in your sauna? The type of glass you use in your sauna is important because of the heat that emanates from your sauna. Not choosing the right type of glass can cause the windows of your sauna to crack-an expensive problem we all want to avoid. Below are some benefits to using tempered glass in your sauna.
Benefits to Using the Sauna
Insulated tempered glass is usually two pieces of glass bonded together.
Thus it is thicker than your regular glass that would be used in house windows for instance.
Using tempered glass for your windows and doors is always a better choice.
- Tempered glass will ensure that the heat of your sauna stays within the sauna. You got the sauna to enjoy the heat and benefits it adds to your health. How inconvenient will it be to lose all that heat from your windows?
- Another advantage of using tempered glass is that it is durable. Because of the thickness of tempered glass is about four times stronger than regular glass. This means that, unlike regular glass, which will shatter into shards when broken, you will only notice cracks on tempered glass. You still have to be careful in making sure you have the right type of tempered glass for your sauna and that you treat it with care so you don’t have unnecessary cracks.
- Tempered glass can handle more stress than regular glass. Therefore it is better suited to use for the windows in your sauna.
- Tempered glass can add an artistic finish to the windows in your sauna.
- Tempered glass reduces moisture on the glass. Thus you will not have ice forming on the glass and causing cracks. This comes in handy if you live in a more temperate region. This is important because extreme differences between the temperature outside and inside your sauna can also cause your windows and doors to crack. Having the right glass that keeps the cold out and keeps the heat in-as it should.
Simple guidelines to follow when you are getting tempered glass for your sauna
- Make sure you are getting your tempered glass from a professional who knows what they are talking about.
- Don’t let anyone convince you that “glass is glass”. This is not true. Getting the right type of glass could be the difference between replacing your windows every few months (an expensive problem) and not having to replace them for years.Do your research with your vendor before buying.
- If you got your sauna from us, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about tempered glass for your sauna.
- If you are going to use tempered glass for your windows and doors, make sure the sellers you use measure the dimensions of the windows and doors you want to create so they can cut the correct size for you. Not having the perfect cut of tempered glass can cause problems down along the line.